Life can be difficult and feel overwhelming but changes are always possible.
Are you struggling with:
- a relationship concern or separation
- feeling overwhelmed or confused
- being diagnosed with a serious illness
- conflict at work or in your personal life
- losing your joy for life and want to find ways to rediscover it
- burn out
- small business-family tensions
- imagining a vital and creative life after retirement
There is no one size fits all to navigating life’s big changes. I’m passionate about helping you find a personalised solution that is as unique as you are.
Work with me in 3 simple steps
- Make contact. Email or call, I will get back to you to within 24 hours to schedule an appointment for you.
- First appointment. I get to know you, the situation and your concerns, and you get a feel for how I work. Then together we work out a plan of action.
- Ongoing sessions. We work to understand the contributing factors and develop strategies that generate and sustain the changes you are seeking.
Supervision – practical support and collaborative direction
People drawn to health and social services often say how they “want to make a difference”, but I believe being the best we can shouldn’t take over our whole lives.
I currently provide supervision with allied health practitioners, nurses in hospice, pediatrics and oncology, physio and OTs in private practice and GPs, as well as managers of small NGOs. As an ex-physio and team leader in community health, my 20 years as a family therapist and counsellor offer a wide understanding of the demands on health practitioners in a variety of settings.
Please note I am no longer providing supervision for Counselling practitioners.
People consult with me about:
- Team dynamics
- Overload and burn out
- Ways to set boundaries
- Sticky situations
- Work direction and conditions
- Work life balance
- Goal setting for future professional direction
I have worked as a counsellor and family therapist for 30 years, in both Adelaide and Auckland, counselling in agencies and private practice.
- Counsellor in private practice Auckland 20 years
- Clinical Supervisor of Kelmarna Family and Community Services Auckland
- Lecturer UNITEC Bachelor of Social Practice
- 12 years in community and mental health, Adelaide
- Training Director of a distance education programme for rural workers in South Australia
- Lecturer at Dulwich Centre Family Therapy training programme
I use a variety of counselling approaches. My work is informed by Narrative Therapy, Strength-solution focus and Mindfulness / meditation.